- Children must eat a well-balanced breakfast before coming to school every morning.
- Your child must please bring a healthy lunch box to school every day.
- Each classroom is equipped with a filtered water dispenser. Each child must bring a water bottle to school.
- A small treat may be sent to school on Fridays.
There is no uniform for children at Courtney Kids.
- Children must wear comfortable and practical clothes to school.
- Shoes must be practical and offer sufficient support for growing feet.
- Children must have an extra set of clothes in his/her school bag. You are welcome to leave a set in the classroom for the term.
- Children MUST bring a hat to school every day. The policy of “no hat, no play” will apply.
- All clothing and hats must be clearly labelled.
- A normal size school bag/back pack is recommended ( ± 35cm x 22 cm). The standard back pack, with a character on, is efficient as it is not too big and will fit into the lockers.
- Please sign and return the Message sheets on a daily basis.
- You are welcome to write a note to the teacher as a means of communication.
TEASING AND BULLYING
We do not condone teasing or bullying.
Unfortunately, teasing and bullying is on the increase around the world, due in part to the increasing role of the media, combined with the diminishing role of the family unit. We cannot stress enough, the importance of curtailing both the amount and the content of what your child is exposed to in the media, including computer access, play station games etc.. as few of the programmes role model tolerance or self control.
Teachers must be notified as soon as teasing or bullying is suspected so that intervention can take place sooner rather than later.
SCHOOL TIMES, AFTERCARE AND COLLECTION
- School will start at 08:00. We ask that you would please be punctual.
- Supervision is available at the Pre-School from 07:00 – 17:00 daily.
- The school must be informed, in advance, if changes are made for the collection of your child. A full name and telephone number of the person collecting your child, must be given. You can either sms, phone or email the school.
SAFETY AND SECURITY POLICY
- A safe and secure environment is of utmost priority. The smaller, more personal environment ensures more efficient supervision and safety of our children. We have a strict policy of signing out for the children in our care by the designated adult. You are required to notify us of any changes to the collection of your child via sms. We will not allow a child to leave with any person unless we have been notified of the change. We further stipulate that whilst in our care all children will be properly supervised.
- Most members of our teaching team have been trained in First Aid treatment, should a situation of minor injury occur. Parents and or legal guardians will be notified in an emergency.
- Please ensure that the Medical Forms (as part of the enrollment procedure) are correct and updated.
Productive and proactive collaboration between home and school is fundamental to optimal learning. For this reason, the following communication channels are available and encouraged:
- Communication with teaching staff personally.
- Communication with school management.
- Email or Whatsapp the Pre-School office
- Weekly News Letter containing current news and updated information. Subscribe to receive this via email (http://www.courtney.co.za/category/news-letter/)
- Daily Message Sheets
- Report and/or Parent-Afternoon Feedback forms
You may contact the Pre-School between 07H00 and 17H00 on the school cell (mobile) number 079 847 4201
- During the mornings, your child will attend a formal music lesson, Y-sports lesson, additional language lesson and a swimming lessons (during summer months).
- A variety of extra mural activities are available during the afternoons. Children have the opportunity to enrol for these activities at an additional cost.